Wednesday 17 March 2010

Robot pan shoot attempt


It took about 10 hours of setting up and playing with lights to do this. It took so long as there is simply no space in my room.
Setting up the building was not tough at all. The problem was to set up the miniature that we see in the window. The miniature's floor, doors and walls are in perspective. That means that nothing is square, everything is set in some strange angle... and the funny part is that the room is all turn 90degrees to the right. I couldn't make this shot vertically; I needed to set the building horizontally on its side. By this I was able to move the stenography and not the camera. This way I did not have to worry about setting up lights for the whole building, I had to set the lights only for the place which camera was pointing at. So this method had its ups and downs. The good part is that I have it all recorded.
After watching this video for the first time I thought I will have to retake the whole thing again cause of the reflections in the window, the way that the miniature stenography is appearing in the window, and finally cause of the quality of the animation. It is jumping too much; I thought I need more pictures. Luckily on my Critic at university somebody told me that I could make one picture and digitally animate it in Premiere or After Effects. That is in fact an excellent idea. I'll use the pictures I already made and stick them into one picture. This way I'll have a fluent animation and I will avoid setting up again the whole set to use the green screen. Because when I use still image I'll just remove the content of the window and paste in a new content by using After Effects. The new content will be recorded separately, and that gives me a full control of the lights and good access to the puppet that will be animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment